Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2003 telling me the Macro Security is set to high

If the template is intentionally available as a document template or add-in
then setting macro security to trust installed templates and add-ins and
macro security set to medium will maintain your security and stop the
warning for that template/add-in.

bax wrote:
Thanks Graham,
I missed reading the information for templates the first time you
mentioned it. I never knew templates feed an add-in as a macros.
That was where the macro/ add-in was located/listed. Thanks for
being patient and helping me find the problem.
Thanks,
Bax

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Read Jezebel's response - then do not set the macro security to low.
Set it to Medium so that you always get a prompt. Then determine
where the macros are coming from - such as that malicious document
you opened from the web.

Chances are that you have installed an add-in with some third party
software that you cannot use because of the macro settings. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm . See also
the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm if
relevant as this is the most common cause of failure to change
person preferences.

You can allow the macros in your add-ins and templates to run, if
you set macro security to trust installed templates and add-ins, but
if you don't know what the macros are, don't allow the system to run
them until you do.

bax wrote:
Word 2003 says I have the security for Macros set to High. I have
chencge to it to the lowest setting and I still get the error when
ever I save, open or exit the program. What a waste of my time.
How do I turn off this or even just turn off Macros altogether?
Thanks