Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
len len is offline

Default Word could not re-establish a DDE Connection to Microsoft Access

I am working with 19 school districts and over 100 schools. Every computer
can have different Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access installed.

I am getting the mesage:

Word could not re-establish a DDE Connection to Microsoft Access

When we get the funding we upgrade the oldest software and machines.

The system I am on now is SBS (Small Business Server) Word 2000 and Access
2002.

As soon as I go to open the Access Database I get the error above. This is
happening on about 85% of my systems. What do I need to do to get all of my
Mail-Merges to work so that we can send the proper letters to the proper
paresnt?

I have been messing with this for several weeks and cannot find a solution.

Thanks in Advance!

Len

I tried the solutions from previous postings and either I am
miss-understanding them or they do not work.