Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Page count fluxuates

OK, I managed to squeeze a few lines away and make the page count.
The approach I used was to float figures to the top/bottom of their
pages so that I don't need a swath of white space both above and below
each figure. I used the procedure at http://www.ai.uga.edu/mc/FloatFigWord..pdf.
Thanks, all.

On Aug 10, 1:36*pm, Paul wrote:
That is prohibited. *People have abused that trick through the ages. *:
(

On Aug 10, 11:50*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

The formatting of your document depends on your printer driver. If you
created your document with it set to one printer driver, it's not
unexpected for it to change a bit when you print to a different
printer driver.

Have you tried selecting the entire document and Condensing it by 0.1
pt.? (2nd tab of Format Font.)

On Aug 10, 11:28*am, Paul wrote:

I've troubleshot this down to a selection of the printer. *Maybe there
some font mapping is going on. *When I change printers from local real
printer to Adobe PDF printer, the entire document changes slightly so
that it is 6.1 pages. *If I change back to the local printer, the
document becomes 6 pages again. *This is quite an insiduous
problem...it's going to be quite a challenge pairing away 2 lines
(actually four lines in single-column) since everything is hyper-
terse.

On Aug 10, 11:03*am, Paul wrote:

I am preparing a document for a conference, which has a 6-page limit.