Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
McTuron McTuron is offline

Default Old doc-files in Word 2007

to open these old filetypes you need to create a trusted location

for Word 12 (office 2007) this is done in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Security\Trusted
Locations

you just create a new key with the name of the new (my example is
Location 3)

in there you need a REG_SZ with the Name Descriotin, the value is the
numer of the location (in my example a 3).

then you need a REG_EXPAND_SZ with the name Path, pointing to a path
from where you want to open the file. it has to be a subdirectory!
don't use c:\, that won't work

if you want to be able to open from all subdirectories as well, add

a REG_DWORD with the name AllowSubFolders and give it a value of 1.

below is an example from my registry, the path is C:\Daten

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Security
\Trusted Locations\Location3]
"Description"="3"
"Path"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,44,00,61,00,74,00, 65,00,6e,00,00,00
"AllowSubFolders"=dword:00000001

good luck
Wolfgang