Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve565656565656 Steve565656565656 is offline

Default WYSIWYG problem

Thank you for your reply Shauna.

With respect to the XML nodes, I have already deleted all of the XML nodes,
so the nodes aren't the reason.

I know that the document is not running out of printing area because I can
add a border around the entire page and the border does print.

I have tried three different printers, wheare each printer is a different
brand name. I also saved to Microsoft's xps file type, so i can view it in
internet explorer and the problem still persists there as well.

Currently, the style is normal + Times New Roman and its a requirement to
keep the font in Times New Roman.

I converted the file to PDF using Primo PDF and the conversion is the same
as if it were printed (no WYSIWYG).

Do you have any other suggestions?

Steve P

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Steve

So you've already ruled out the VSTO solution as the cause of the
problem. So let's look at the XML schema. As a diagnostic test, can I
suggest that you try displaying and hiding the pink XML tags (use the
XML Structure task pane - tick the box at the bottom of the pane). Does
one or other make a difference?

And, having hidden the pink XML tags, try showing and hiding the XML
placeholders for empty tags (Tools Templates and Add-ins XML Schema
XML Options).

If that doesn't help, un-hitch the document from the schema and remove
all the pink XML tags. Do you still have the same problem?

If not, then the XML tags are the problem, and I don't know a good
solution. I haven't had great success with the XML tags in tables. Or to
be precise, I've had real troubles with a table within an XML tag. And I
gave up completely on mixing nested tables and XML tags.

If you do still have the problem, then the XML tags aren't the cause.

Are the tables near the edges of the page? Maybe you're running out of
printable area. See:
The bottom of my pages don't print
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

Or maybe, as I sometimes suspect and can never replicate, there is a
problem with the table style. Try clicking in the table and applying
style Table Normal. Then, add or remove borders as necessary to get the
borders you need. Does that help?

Or, maybe it's a printer driver problem. Make sure that the printer
drivers are up to date and are for the right version of Windows. And,
try printing to a PDF 'driver' such as the free PrimoPDF
(www.primopdf.com). If it works when printed to the PDF, then you know
it's a hardware printer driver problem.

Hope this helps. If you learn the cause, please let us know in case
others have similar problems in the future.

Cheers

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Steve565656565656" splowman [at] chanllc.com wrote in message
Hello,

I am developing and populating a document using VSTO 2005 and MS Word
2003 SP2

. Within the document is a table. In the table cells are XML nodes,
where
I programmatically populate the XML Nodes in this table. Everything
looks
good on screen and in print preview, but when I print the document,
part of
the table border is not printing. Also, some of the text from one
page will
get pushed down into the next page when its printed. Thus, it is not
"what
you see is what you get". The borders of the table are solid line and
I have
printed this document to multiple different printers and printer
brands (HP,
Xerox, etc.) and I get the same result. However, when I print the
document
from Word 2007, everything prints fine. I have about 300 users who
are using
this application and the error I have just described is not
persistent.

This document was originally created using VSTO and I initially posted
that group, but when I strip away anything to do with VSTO from the
document,
the document not being WYSIWG still persists so I was told to post to
this
group from a VSTO MVP

Does anyone know of a solution to this? Is this a known issue with
Word
2003? I have a two page document that I could email to anyone who is
willing
to help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve