Nick E.

Thank you for this information. It helped me solve this problem. I have one
follow up question. Why is it that Word now has the default setting to
vertical alignment center. I used "detect and repair" and reset all the
defaults, but kept getting the same problem. I have to now manually change
this. Is there a glitch or a virus that my norton anti virus didnt detect?

Thanks,

Nick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you can see this question, I suspect you can see answers as well. In one
of the sections with a problem header, go to the Layout tab of Page Setup
and make sure that the vertical alignment is set to Top and not Center.

"angie" wrote in message
I also have this EXACT same problem and have been trying to find an answer
for hours. I have a 60-some page document that I added a header but have
about 10 pages where the header is 3x bigger than the others. I also

tried
changing it with the ruler and got the same result as you. Any help would

be
wonderful.

"Laurie" wrote:

In three non-consecutive pages of a 26 page document the header fields

are
nearly 3x the size of those headers on the remaining pages, i would like

them
to all be the same uniform size, however when attempting to drag the

ruler
marker while viewing headers and footers the tabs only jump larger and

when
trying to be made smaller will fill nearly the whole page, until the

footer.