Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Vertical gray bar down left margin. Why?

It sounds like a drawing in a header. If you view headers and footers (a)
does it become black rather than grey and (b) can you select and delete it?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"kmewing" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003. I opened a brand new template I'd just created. At
some point during my editing a vertical gray bar appeared in the left

margin.
It goes the entire length of the page and appears on every page. It

looks
like a change bar. I've look high and low in Word for a setting for

change
bars and found none. I scoured Word Help for an entry on change bars and
found none. I have verified that Markup and Track Changes are turned off.

I've run out of ideas. Can anyone give me one? Thanks.