Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Fuller Gary Fuller is offline

Default Side Note

I can open any WORD doc the first time from within WORD itself without a
problem. It is more nuisance than anything else, but still an issue I believe
within WORD.
gary

"FredFred" wrote:

To start with I'd try to confirm / find out whether it's a Windows vs. Word
problem. I'd put a file with a non-Word extension and double click that and
see if you get the same problem.

If so, it sounds like the Vista design philosiphy of impairing the people
who are trying to use it.

I heard that due to extreme demand MS now offers a way to upgrade from Vista
to XP.

"Gary Fuller" wrote:

Windows Vista
Office 2007
Using Windows Explorer I will browse to a word doc I want to open and double
click it. I get an error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\....complete path
and filename'. Make sure you typed the neam correctly and then try again. I
click "OK" then double click the same file agaion and it opens fine.