Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default footnote/bibliography

On May 27, 4:53*pm, Yves wrote:
On 27 mei, 16:55, grammatim wrote:
On May 27, 10:30*am, "Yves Dhondt" wrote:

Zotero is a perfectly fine tool for storing bibliographies.

Personally, I don't use it because I believe CSL, the language used for the
creation of their stylesheets, is limited and unflexible. That said, I can
see it fulfill the needs that most people have for such a tool.

So yes, Zotero could be an answer to the OP's question.

For the OP, yes, who already uses it.

For the many people coming to this newsgroup for help, I see by its
website that it is only a Firefox extension, and that it appears to be
a device for gathering date from the internet rather than a
bibliography tool along the lines of EndNote or the late, beloved
Papyrus (which was an incredibly sophisticated Mac-only bibliography
tool that did not migrate to OS X).

You're mistaken. It is a tool like EndNote.

It does capture and store bibliography data (using a FireFox
extension). But that's just one side of it. Just like EndNote, it also
provides a Word addin and dozens of stylesheets to format the
bibliography data in your desired format. There full collection of
supported formats is available athttp://www.zotero.org/styles

Then it definitely needs a better website!

But alas, it requires Firefox.

Like stated above, I personally don't like it, but it is a great tool
for most people.

Yves
--http://bibword.codeplex.com-