Have you rerun setup to install the proofing tools?

"Aabha Gandhi" Aabha wrote in message
I did try the options and everything detailed....my spell check is still

not
working...what do i do..i am a reporter and i need to be typing out my
reports..i cant manage without spell check?

"PJR" wrote:

Thank you for your help Suzanne.
Unfortunatley your suggestions didn't work, but added to my belief that

there is/are some files missing.

"Also, make sure that the spelling checker is enabled on the Spelling &
Grammar tab of Tools | Options."

When I checked this the Spelling & Grammer tab is greyd out

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sometimes the spelling checker in inactivated because text is

formatted as
"Do not check spelling or grammar." To correct this, select the entire
document and go to Tools | Language | Set Language. Select the correct
language for the proofing tools.

Also, make sure that the spelling checker is enabled on the Spelling &
Grammar tab of Tools | Options.
Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"PJR" wrote in message
I have recently re-installed my Office 2000 premium on a new

machine.

The spell checker is not working (greyed out) in Word and Outlook

Express.

Word did come up with an error message about a file missing but I

don't
remember what it was and am unable to re activte it.

My spelling is awful so for the sake of others any help will be most
appreciated.

Peter