Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word Mail Merge to E-mail message with attachment?

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Frank D. Nicodem, Jr." wrote in message
I am using Word 2003, and would like to do a Mail Merge to an E-mail
document. I seem to be encountering a couple of "glitches", though.

The first is that I would like my eventual E-mail message to go out with
an attachment -- the same attachment, on every one. However, I can't find
a way to generate Mail Merge E-mails that contain attachments.

I've seen other similar Notes that say "Cut and Paste", or "Write your
document in Word, save it, and Attach it to your E-mail message." All
well and good, if I'm doing one of these. But I have a whole database of
E-mail addresses to process. They'll all get the *same* E-mail message
(which I consider a "cover letter" to the attached Word document), and the
same Word document attached. Is there no way to do this???

Second, I normally use Outlook Express. I'm getting the feeling, however,
that I have to switch to Outlook for the Word Mail Merge to work *at all*
(even without the attachment). Is this true?

If I can't do what I want by using a Word Mail Merge (and, preferably,
Outlook Express), is there some other tool that will let me:

1) Create a separate Word document
2) Create a simple "cover letter" E-mail message
3) Process through a data file of E-mail addresses -- making NO
modifications at all to the Word document or E-mail message -- and just
send out the E-mail with attachment

Thanks.
Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.