Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Word 2007 re-installs everytime I launch it

Sounds like you might have leftover installation files on Windows. Go to
www.microsoft.com and search for the Installer Cleanup Utility. Remove files
only for the program you are having problems with and see if that doesn't do
it.
--
Paul

MS Office Pro 2003
XP Home
Dell Inspiron 1501

"Steve Kendall" wrote:

Everytime I click on Word or any other Office 2007 product it launches the
Office 2007 Enterprise Installer and goes back through the install (sometimes
it takes up to 10 minutes). If I close and app and reopen without rebooting
the machine it runs the install.

First I tried to do a repair with no luck. Then I uninstalled office 2007,
renamed the shared directory and re-installed. Same problem.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. As
I said this happens on all Office 2007 products.