Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Default page layout

Hi Stefan, thank you for your interest, for some reason Suzannes message
didn't get to me but with you highlighting it I put on the site that I had
not seen her message and she sent it again, not only that but it solved my
problem perfectly thanks to you for mentioning it.
--
Thanks Bob

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Did you read the reply by Suzanne S. Barnhill?

If you are also having problems with the unit of measurement, you may
want to take a look at http://gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sarianne" wrote in message
Hi Bob! Did you harvest good answers? This bugs me too, other

settings
similar didnt work, we use cm system here in Finland not pt and pt

settings
are screwed up, yours friendly Sara

"Bob" kirjoitti:

word 2003 when i start word up it starts with a horizontally

split page that
is square and says that there are two pages per sheet. if I try

to change
it to normal it tells me 'increasing right margin causes last

column to
become too narrow in some sections having unevenly spaced columns'

ok
well it is not ok but there is only the one button to press.

The only way
I can get a A4 page in portrait is to load an old letter and wipe

all the
info. If I change the margins in the page set up box to the ones

being used
by the old page I've just uploaded it still gives me the previous

note and
refuses to go into normal A4 portrait. I have tried saving the

made A4 page
and exiting the word program with it up and clearing formats from

the edit
pull down, I have even wiped office off my computer and reloaded

it but it is
still the same. Can anyone shine a light on the problem please?
--
Thanks Bob