Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default how do I embed a .swf file in Word document?

You don't say which version of Word you are using.
For 2003 and prior, see following, for 2007 instruction may differ.
Insert, Object, Create from File tab, check Display as icon, leave Link to
file unchecked, Browse - find the file you want, OK, now in the File Name
box, delete the FilePath - careful, do not just select all and delete, go to
the start and delete from there, if you do delete part or all of the filename
itself, Word can lose connection to the file and you will have to start
again. I recommend deleting the filepath because the icon only shows a small
amount of text when displayed as an icon. - OK.
You should now have the icon image of your file embedded in your Word
document.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Subrata" wrote:

please provide me the steps of inserting a .swf file in word document.