Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Need Help Fast! - Word 2003 question

Although I'm in *total* agreement with Suzanne & Jezebel, there is another
option available...

I can't attest to its efficacy because I don't use it (actually, I use it
for just the *opposite* purpose), but you can go through
ToolsOptionsSpelling & Grammar, click the grammar section's Settings
button & set it to require 2 spaces between sentences as a grammatical
requirement. When you re-run the spell check & it catches the first
violation you _can_ click Change All (if there is one) but there is the
obvious risk involved. The more time-consuming - but more accurate - route
is to change one occurrence at a time while seeing it in context.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/26/06 9:17 AM, in article
, "CBgoarmy"
wrote:

Thanks, Jezebel. This clarification of your first post is appreciated.

"Jezebel" wrote:

It's silly because the outcome -- as Suzanne also pointed out -- will be a
less useful document. Double-spacing after periods was a convention
introduced for the fixed-pitch fonts used on typewriters. With a
proportional-spaced font it reduces readability and interferes with the
subsequent processing of the document.

If you simply ignore the request a) you will save yourself a lot of time,
and b) no-one will notice.

"CBgoarmy" wrote in message
Jezebel: what can I say? Silly to you, but certainly not to me. Not quite
sure why your reply was sent since I understood this was a Forum for
"people
to help people". Perhaps you're a Word guru?? Sorry, I'm good but never
ran
into this before. Anyhow, I will wish you a good day as I did the others
who
offered advice.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Just ignore the request. It's silly.

"CBgoarmy" wrote in message
Once a lengthly Word 2003 document has been completed (I'm editing for
client), is there a way or some command so I can add an additional
space
AFTER each sentence in the document at one time, or does this have to
be
done
manually? This is a professional Paper to be presented at an
international
business conference overseas in a week. Thanks for ANY help anyone out
there
can give me; I appreciate it!

C.B.