Steve

Yes. Thanks, I can. However, there are two problems with that. (1) I will
lose all my saved versions. (2) I'd like to know what caused this in the
first place. I have been doing edits in a copied version of the doc, like
you suggest, but it's still very unsatisfactory. I realise I could
laboriously copy and paste each saved version and save it in the new
document, but it'll be clumsy and tedious. I need to know how this problem
occurred, and how I can avoid it happening again.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Can you copy everything except the last paragraph mark to a new document
and then edit that new document?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Steve wrote:
This the third time I've posted this problem, and as yet no one's
come up with a solution!

I recently opened a document in Word 2002. Everything was fine,
except when I pressed the enter key nothing happened.

I tried opening another document, and the enter key worked normally.
The same with other programmes.

It is only this one document where this seems to be happening, and
it's damned annoying, because I need to edit it.

There's nothing otherwise odd looking about the document - The already
existing crs are still there; the text is not in a long line; the
file is not protected or anything like that.

Can anyone PLEASE help?