Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Accessing the MS Outlook "mystery field" from Word 2003 mail merge....

The field is called Notes and is available if you merge from Outlook
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

John Nasta wrote:
Does anybody know how to filter data in the
comments/memo/whatever-it's-called field in Outlook contact data
during a mail merge (creating labels)? The problem I'm finding is
that this field doesn't seem to have a name. I'm talking about the
big "whiteboard" box that you can copy & paste all sorts of various
stuff into.

I can find records that contain certain data in that field by doing a
simple "Find" in Outlook but if I try to do a mail merge from Word I
don't seem to be able to filter by data in that field. I don't see it
in the list of fields and it doesn't appear to have a name in the
contact details screen.

What I like to do is put a simple code like 20070912-promo001 in that
field so that I A) have a way of creating a label to send a certain
promotion to that person on a certain date, and B) always have a
record in their contact data showing which promos I have sent them
and when. I am trying to see if there is a way to do this from Word
rather than initiating the merge from Outlook.

Thanks for any info,
John Nasta