Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Default Change format of cross reference text?

Hi Stressed,

You can control the cross-ref formatting via a 'Charformat' switch.

For example, if you select one of the cross-refs you want to reformat and
press Shift-F9, you should see something like:
{REF _Ref133158886 \h }
or, if you're cross-referencing bookmarked text:
{REF BkMrk \h }
The '\h' may or may not be present - it depends on whether you set the
cross-ref up as a hyperlink.

Now, if you format the 'R' in 'REF' the way you want the result to appear,
and add '\* Charformat' to the end of the field, so that you've got:
{REF BkMrk \h \* Charformat}
then press F9 to update the field, you should get the result you want.

Cheers

"Stressed in Tampa" wrote in
message ...
I would like to have the "cross referenced" figure text appear bold and
italic in the text. How could I do that?