Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do i label pages in this way (2-1) with different sections?

"Erin" wrote:

I would like to do a document with different sections, each page is labeled
2-1, 2-2, etc. Then I would like to start a new section with pages numbered
3-1, 3-2, etc. Afterwards when revisions are made we can just replace the
page that is edited.

Use a SECTION field for the section number:
{SECTION} where the {} are iunserted via CTRL-F9.
Once you have created the field, select it and do SHIFT-F9 to toggle back to
its value instead of the field code.