Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hilary

Default Excessively Confused: Why are TOC Considered "Headers?"

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

So you have a TOC now, but it isn't correctly formatted? Note that any
font formatting applied directly to headings (via toolbar buttons or
dialog boxes) will reflect in the table of contents. If you modify the
heading styles (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html) the way you
like them, then you won't have this problem.

Mr. Blom, you've been so kind and persistent in trying to help me, and--
Thank you. I do not find the Shauna Kelly site of any help, but again, thank
you. I take responsibility and (seriously) assume some intellectual deficit
in being unable to grasp the contents of Ms. Kelly's, and WORD "Help," and
much of what has been intended for my benefit in this thread.