Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 - language options - can't set in template - found it

The keyboard shortcuts are the same as they always have been. And you
can put the commands you use frequently on the Quick Access Toolbar.
(Right-click on it and choose Customize.)

On Feb 17, 11:45*pm, dd wrote:
Oops. *I always run apps in half windows so it never even occurred to me to
try running it full screen. *But you were right: I found the Set Language
Option.

Thank you so much.

(I've been using 2007 for only two months and simply cannot get used to it. *
Things that took me only one or two clicks in Word 2000 take 3, 4 or 5 in
2007, if I can even manage to locate them.)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Unless your corporate IT department has modified the Ribbon, then you do
have a Set Language button in the Proofing group on the Review tab. What I
see, however, is that, if I reduce the width of the Word window, the Set
Language button becomes reduced to an icon next to Thesaurus, which is a bit
confusing.

http://word.mvps.org

"dd" wrote in message
OK, I went into the Microsoft Office 2007 Language Tools and selectec all
the
languages I use.

I created a new template (docm).

But, the "proofing" section of the ribbon does not have a "set language"
option per the help. *And when I select another language in the
Spelling/Grammar section, it always goes back to English.

I'm really frustrated. *What am I missing?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can set the language for a given template and then base documents on
that template.

http://word.mvps.org

"dd" wrote in message
Is there any way to set the spelling/grammar language per document
(rather
than globally)? *I edit docs in different languages and when a doc gets
too
long, Word freaks out.

I know I can change the language globally, which I don't want to do, or
turn
off the spelling/grammar check - again globally - but I don't want to
do
that.

I want to set the "spelling" language at the document level, not the
global
level.