Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wallace

Default Rotate a page containing a table

A table is displayed in landscape (Word 2003). We want to display that same
table in portrait by rotating the table 90 degrees on the page. Changing text
direction changes the orientation of the columns on the page and wholly
changes the table. Text boxes don't seem to help either; and when the table
is inserted in a drawing object, the object rotates but the table does not.
We finally ended up converting the table to a .pdf file and rotating the page
90 degrees. As usual, the .pdf is kind of washed out and lacks the clarity of
the other tables.

This should not be that difficult a task --- what am I missing?
--
Wallace