Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default Trying to create an auto field that gives todays date +28 days?

I think it would be irresponsible, in a formal application, to rely on a
field calculation of the Macropod sort. Those field sequences (converting to
Julian number and back) are technically -- ie, in the audit sense --
'complex calculations' of the sort that requires, in any situation subject
to audit, formally documented validation. These is easily provided for
macro code -- particularly for code as trivial as adding 28 to a date; it is
not easily provided for a nested field calculation that runs to more than
300 characters and five levels of nesting.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
How do you think a date inserted by macro or even typed from the keyboard
would have greater legal significance than one inserted by a field
calculation?

Jezebel wrote:
Unfortunately, Word doesn't provide a simple field-based way to do
date arithmetic. If you've got nothing better to do and yoru document
has no legal significance, you can experiment Macropod's hilarious
field calculations (do a Google); but if the requirement is anything
serious, you'll need to use a macro.

"Ranger Tony" Ranger wrote in message
Hey all,
I use Word97. I'm trying to create an auto update field that shows
the print date + 28 days in 'day, date month year' format in a
letter. The field code for the print date is: { PRINTDATE \@ "dddd, dd
MMMM
yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT }
I've experimented with a couple of things, but had no glory at all.
Cheers
Tony