Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default labels thrown "out of whack" when cell or table margins changed? How to fix ... ?

Another thing to check - if you bring up the Mail Merge Helper, does it
still say you are doing a label merge? If it had somehow changed to being a
Catalog merge, then it probably wouldn't do a page break after it had merged
each page. If there was space for a complete table row at the bottom of the
page, it would probably be added to the existing table. Adding a section
break might change that behaviour. However, that's a bit far-fetched.

In any case, I don't really see how MailMerge can be cramming 21 rows onto
one page if they are the correct height to match your label stationery,
which suggests that there's still something wrong in the layout department.

Peter Jamieson

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote in message
"StargateFanFromWork" wrote in message
. ..

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message

[snip]

wait a minute ... just noticed something ... I'll be danged. The last
table row at the bottom of the first page is actually the first table row
of a second table that should actually start on page 2. I had not seen
the square with the NSEW points before signalling the start of a table
because the mouse pointer must be in a certain spot over a table, as we
all know, and I hadn't mouse over any area in the table that would show
this before until now. I just inserted a page break between the two
"tables" and everything was fine.

So, what does this mean? Am I missing a break of some sort at the bottom
of my original Word template? Could it be something as simple as that??

[snip]

I played around with this and ended up inserting a section break right
underneath the end of the table on the page of my original Word template.
That seemed to do the trick. Is this acceptable Word usage for this type
of thing? I'm asking because sometimes what we stumble upon doing is the
best way to do something and it might cause problems down the road in
other situations. Again, this seemed to do the trick. I'll test tomorrow
by adding pages of dummy info to the Excel file to get several sheets in
the merge and I'll see what happens then.

Thanks. D