Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default labels thrown "out of whack" when cell or table margins changed? How to fix ... ?

OK, I had another look at this and get the 21 rows you describe. This is
definitely an error in Word 2000's layout algorithm as you only have to
reveal the paragraph marks etc. to see that there is an unconditional new
page break under row 20. However, when you hide paragraph marks or print
preview, it's definitely 21 rows per page.

However, going into File|Page Setup does show a likely cause which is that
the bottom margin is set to 0. If I change it to 36pt (0.4 or 0.5in would
probably do) the problem goes away.

I suspect this uncertainty about where to place row 21 is responsible for
the jittery display as well.

Peter Jamieson

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote in message
"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
Just one thing I'd like to check - your Mail Merge Main document does
only have one page?

[snip]

Yes. It's always been just the one page.

Go figure ...