Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default TOC with entries "Author: Title. Subtitle"

I don't believe you can easily do this with styles, but you could accomplish
it with TC fields.

"Loretta" xxx wrote in message
news
Good evening,

I have to format an omnibus volume in MS Word 2000, which contains several
articles. Each text is introduced by:

Author
Title
Subtitle

(there is a different style applied to each of them).

I'd like Word to generate a table of contents which looks like this:

Author: Title. Subtitle...............page
Author: Title. Subtitle...............page

Is this possible (by editing the TOC field for example)?

Thank you very much!

Loretta
(sorry, I'm not a native speaker)