Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default TOC with entries "Author: Title. Subtitle"

I was hoping to hear that. I tried it with just one set of headings, so I
wasn't sure it would work with more, but if you can confirm that it does,
then I'll add that to my article on StyleRef fields at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

Thanks for the opportunity to add to my skill set!

"Loretta" xxx wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
My limited testing indicates that it is even possible to use StyleRef

fields
inside your TC fields. If you apply distinctive styles (paragraph or
character) to your Author, Title, and Subtitle paragraphs, you might try

TC field as follows:

{ TC "{ StyleRef "Author" }: { StyleRef "Title"}. { StyleRef
"Subtitle" }" }

WOW! That did it! Thank you so much!