Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default "Prompt to save Normal template" seems broken in 2007

Word 2007 is no more prone to prompt for saves to the Normal template than
2003 was -- but in both versions that constant request is usually a sign
that some macro or add-in is messing with the template. See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...514521033.aspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Monte Fisher wrote:
In Word 2003, when I have "Prompt to save Normal template" checked,
it only asks me if I want to save the Normal template if I've changed
something in the way Word functions, such as a keyboard shortcut or
style. 2007 asks every single time, regardless -- for example, I
open a document and read it without changing ANYthing, close it and
close Word, it asks me whether I want to save the Normal template.
This is pretty annoying, especially if one has the preview enabled in
Vista's Windows Explorer (if you're previewing a Word document, when
you close Windows Explorer, Word asks if you want to save the Normal
template -- argh!)

Is there any way to make 2007 ask me only if I've changed something
in the Normal template(as in the good ol days of 2003)?