Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mailmerge Word Formatting

No

bhurta wrote:
If I had just Tex. Admin. Code as a field as there a way I could use
something like \*CAPS and a format that applies to everything but the
first letter of each word?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Not if all that string is coming from a single field. The only way
to do this (that I can think of) is to split the fields in the data
file to derive the letters you wish to format with different fonts
as separate fields, then reassemble the string by mergeing
separately formatted fields - each with a \*charformat switch. You
cannot format a single field with multiple text attributes.

bhurta wrote:
I need to mailmerge and auto-format statutory cites (i.e. 30 TEX.
ADMIN. CODE § 332.5) where the first letter in the words is 11 font
and the remaining letters of the words are 8.8 font/small caps. Is
there a way to do this? I have looked and only found \*CAPS. Thank
you.