Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phillip9

Default text form field and spaces

Hello,

I have a text form field in a word document (not online form), and part of
the form has 3 text form fields on the same line. When I type into the first
text form field, it causes the form text to move.

example:
phone number:[1 ] work phone number: [2 ]

where [ ] = text form field

typeing into text form field 1 causes "work phone number: [2 ] to shift that
many spaces towards the right.

How can I stop this shifting from occuring?

I did try entering a single field table, but that has caused the space below
the single field to be unusable on my form. It is almost as if it has
inserted a 2 field table.

If anyone can give help on either of these issues it would be great.

thank you,

phillip