Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phillip9

Default text form field and spaces

Hi,

Your idea for multiple columns works great!

I found out that the problem I was having with the area directly below a 1
cell table was not usable only when I used the table drawing tool (pencil
icon). if i used the table button and/or the table insert option from the
file menu the area below the cell was usable.

I would guess I'm saying the same as many others have said, but it would be
great if the form design options were improved dramatically.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Phillip. If you have 2 pieces of information on one line, then insert a
4-column, 1-row table.

Cell 1 = Phone Number:
Cell 2 = Form field for phone number.
Cell 3 = Work Phone Number:
Cell 4 = Form field for work phone.
Using table cells instead holds the labels (cells 1 and 3) in their place,
unless the data exceeds the size you provide in the form fields (cells 2 and
4).
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"phillip9" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a text form field in a word document (not online form), and part of
the form has 3 text form fields on the same line. When I type into the
first
text form field, it causes the form text to move.

example:
phone number:[1 ] work phone number: [2 ]

where [ ] = text form field

typeing into text form field 1 causes "work phone number: [2 ] to shift
that
many spaces towards the right.

How can I stop this shifting from occuring?

I did try entering a single field table, but that has caused the space
below
the single field to be unusable on my form. It is almost as if it has
inserted a 2 field table.

If anyone can give help on either of these issues it would be great.

thank you,

phillip