Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Default How do make a table collapsible?

"DWatkins2008" wrote:
I am working with a table and I would like to make it collapsible
so that users can view the entire table or the can hide the
sub-tasks and just have an outline view.

You could also try to use hidden text for the "collapsible" parts. Users can
then choose whether to view hidden text or not (... easy to do with the ΒΆ
button, or Tools Options View). They could also choose whether to print
the hidden text (Tools Options Print).

In a table, the "hidden" formatting would need to be applied to whole rows.

More elaborately, you could use styles, and have a macro (toolbar button...)
toggle certain styles between "hidden" and "not hidden".

Regards,
Klaus