Jay Freedman

Hi Gail,

In a protected section, clicking almost anywhere except in a form field is
ignored, and just moves the cursor to the nearest form field. The exception
is a MacroButton field. That loophole allows a macro to "fire" a hyperlink
that's nested inside the MacroButton field. This works as long as the
destination of the hyperlink is in an unprotected section or another
document or web page.

All the details are described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/HLinksInForms.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Gail wrote:
I inserted a section break after the section I wanted to protect, and
only activated the protection for that section. Yet, when I use a
hyperlink in the protected part, it should go to a named bookmark in
the unprotected part of the form (there are several named bookmarks
in the unprotected part that hyperlinks should go to). But the
hyperlink does not go to the named bookmark
- it does not seem to work at all. Am I doing something wrong?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not true. You can insert section breaks and protect only specific
parts of a document (the parts containing form fields).

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Gail" wrote in message
I have created a form in Word 2003. The form has many pull-down
menus and check boxes on it. I need to lock the form for users to
be able to use the pull-down menus (and because I don't want them
changing it). Yet when I lock the form (using the lock button on
the toolbar), my hyperlinks (these are internal to the form) do not
work. The hyperlinks link to a different areas in a "help" section
at the end of my form. I read a previous discussion that to use a
macro to link to an unprotected part of the document, yet it ssems
the entire doc must be locked for pulldowns to work. So, how do I
get hyperlinks to work in a locked form?