Graham Mayor

You are inserting a date or time field which reflects the system date or
time of the computer. In order to insert fixed times, the simplest method is
to use a macro attached to a keyboard shortcut or to a custom toolbar
button. http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

The following should do the trick

Sub TimeNow()
Selection.InsertBefore Format((Time), "hh:mm am/pm")
End Sub

Teacher In Kansas wrote:
I am a trainer doing observations in teachers' classrooms. When I
time stamp my Word document, and then close it to finish it later,
the time stamp changes from the time when I stamped it, to the
current time when I re-open the document.

How do I continue to work on my Word document I started previously,
and keep the times stamped without updating them to the current time
it is when I re-open the document?