Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Address layout

I am not sure if an If...then...Else field can be used in these
circumstances, but try:

{{PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME |
PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{ IF {PR_TITLE} "" {PR_TITLE}
{ IF {PR_COMPANY_NAME} "" {PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS} { IF {PR_COMPANY_NAME} "" {PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS} {PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS} } } }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Seven" wrote in message

Hi,

Import of Address Data to Word 2003

I have been attempting to customise the Address Layout in Word for a
few days now but with little success. I have read a lot of sites but
none seem to answer this, I want the to have under the persons name
their Job Title & Company if it exsits - easy - but what i really want
to happen is that if the Job Title and Company are not in outlook that
the lines are supressed. Instead I find i get 2 blank lines between
the name and the address.

I have followed the KB @ http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345, it
suggest that the {} will suppress any blank information but in 2003
this doesn't seem to be the case - any throughts on what I am missing.

Below is the text enter into autotext.

{{PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME |
PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_TITLE}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}}

Thank you for any help you maybe able give.

Saul

--
Seven