Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WPS WPS is offline

Default How can I set-up automatic numbering in a MS Word table?

thank you - I am not that well versed... this is what I am trying to do:

BMC 06401 BMC 06402 BMC 06403
BMC 06404 BMC 06405

etc. in a word table - does this make sense and can you perhaps explain
further? Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless you define a specific numbered style for each column, each style
linked to a different list template (can be done only through the Outline
Numbered tab of the Bullets and Numbering dialog), you're going to have to
settle for semi-automatic numbering, using SEQ fields, a different sequence
for each column.

"WPS" wrote in message
For a 4 column table, with the numbering, preferably, going down rather

than
accross...