Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Line spacing changes to double space

Use edit paste special unformatted text to past the web stuff (or use
the following macro)

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep
End Sub

Vince wrote:
I often cut and paste text from the web to Word XP, and somehow in
that process the line spacing changes from single spacing to double,
so that when I then add my own comment and hit the Enter key, I get
two line spaces. And then it stays that way for the rest of the
document. I find this quite irritating, and if I go into
Format/Paragraph it still shows it as single space, so there is
nothing I can do about it. If I highlight a portion of the document
(or the whole document) and go to Format/Paragraph/single spacing, it
still does not help the problem.

I know that when this happens I can do a Shift/Enter and get single
spacing for just that line, but it is troublesome to remember to do
that on every line as I am working more on the document.

I also use WordPad quite a bit, and it happens there too.

If you have any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.