FrogDog

Default Does Word Viewer 2003 save the file to open?

I will check on the wordpad program. The user does not have any writes to
any area on the server the documents are stored on. Does the Word Viewer
save a temp file when you open a document with it?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi FrogDog,

Hmmm. Can you open the same files in Wordpad?
When the viewer or Word opens the document it creates
temp files, usually in the %temp% folder. Do the users
have a folder that the app can write to?

======
"FrogDog" wrote in message ...
No, not always. Dumb terminals are about half our environment.
I should note that we are using Word Viewer on the server open the file for
viewing only. We do not want them to modify the file.
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP