Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
marthamemphis marthamemphis is offline

Default I want to start Page '1' on the 3rd page. HOW???????? HELP????

Once again tonight, I will try everything that has been suggested. But, I
have been trying these very things for several days now. There is something
missing. Can I ask you to do the following and see what you get: Do a dummy
10 page document naming them Title Page, Table of Contents, Advisory,
Properties, Real Estate, Security, telecommunications, call center, customer
service and flight operations.
1) no footer or page # on page 1 (title page)
2) Left footer "master document" throughout rest of 9 pages
3) Beginning with table of contents, put each of the next 9 titles on
individual page, i.e. Master Document
Table of Contents

Master Document
Advisory

Now it gets tricky........Begin number "advisory" as page # 1

First - would you suggest doing the page numbering first?
Or, do you divide it up into sections first?

I honest to goodness have tried everything so many times........

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

With a "Next page" section break a the end of page 2, you would be
able to create different footers on pages 1, 2, and 3. Just unlink the
footer in the second section and, for the first section, enable the
"Different first page" option in File | Page Setup, Layout tab.

For more about headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

For more about sections, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

For more about page numbering, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"marthamemphis" wrote in message
news
This does not work - I have tried it a zillion times! When you do a

section
break - does it need to be "continuous"? If it is not continuous,

it causes
an additional page break. If I have different footer on both page

2 and 3,
it gets even more complicated. Do I do my footers first? If I have

no
footer on page 2, and a different footer on both 2 and 3, then I

need page 3
to actually start numbering as page #1. I have tried

everything.........I am
missing something! I think on page 2, I would put "different first

page",
right? But, I can't put the same thing on the 2nd page. I have

created a
dummy document and none of this is working.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need a section break between pages 2 and 3, then just go to

Format
Page Number and set it to Start at 1. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"marthamemphis" wrote in

message
I have huge documents -over 100 pages with different footers

throughout.
I 'finally' figured out how to change the footer (best way is to

go from
the
back of the document forward, but cannot get the document to

work when I
need
to start numbering the 3rd page of the document as Page 1.