Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default I want to start Page '1' on the 3rd page. HOW???????? HELP????

I'm glad I could help.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know which that other post was? In
which newsgroup? What was the subject line?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"marthamemphis" wrote in message
Stefan - I cannot thank you enough! I still want to send Bill Gates

an email
because page numbering combined with footers and sections should NOT

be this
difficult!!!!! The 6 sentences you wrote in another post "save my

job!" You
recommended going back to the first of the very long document I was

working
on, inserting page, making sure continuous was checked, etc. Honest

goodness, I have worked on this mess for weeks and had about 75

pages of
instructions from various sources. Your 6 sentences (along with a

couple of
other suggestions) resolved all of my problems. If anybody needs to

know how
to do continuous numbering with long documents and many sections and

many
footers, let me know. I can make your life much easier with

one-page
instructions instead of 75!!!!! Thanks Stefan!!!!!! I love you!!!!!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

With a "Next page" section break a the end of page 2, you would be
able to create different footers on pages 1, 2, and 3. Just unlink

the
footer in the second section and, for the first section, enable

the
"Different first page" option in File | Page Setup, Layout tab.

For more about headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

For more about sections, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

For more about page numbering, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"marthamemphis" wrote in message
news
This does not work - I have tried it a zillion times! When you

do a
section
break - does it need to be "continuous"? If it is not

continuous,
it causes
an additional page break. If I have different footer on both

page
2 and 3,
it gets even more complicated. Do I do my footers first? If I

have
no
footer on page 2, and a different footer on both 2 and 3, then I

need page 3
to actually start numbering as page #1. I have tried

everything.........I am
missing something! I think on page 2, I would put "different

first
page",
right? But, I can't put the same thing on the 2nd page. I have

created a
dummy document and none of this is working.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need a section break between pages 2 and 3, then just

go to
Format
Page Number and set it to Start at 1. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"marthamemphis"

wrote in
message
I have huge documents -over 100 pages with different footers

throughout.
I 'finally' figured out how to change the footer (best way

is to
go from
the
back of the document forward, but cannot get the document to

work when I
need
to start numbering the 3rd page of the document as Page 1.