Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default I cannot find/see the "Format" tab

Perhaps you are referring to the tab "Format" that will appear if you are
working with a shape.

First insert a shape in your document.

InsertIllustrationsShapes.

Once the shape is inserted the Format Tab will appear.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Londo wrote:
I see the Home tab. I still do not see anything that says "Format".
But here is what I need to do: When I search for help, I see that the
"Styles" (which is on the "Home" tab") is shown as "Shapes" on the
graphic in Help. I need to change the "Styles" to "Shape".
Thanks

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What version of Word are you using - If 2007 there *is* no Format
Tab. Most of your formatting options are on the Home Tab.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 1:02 AM, in article
, "Londo"
wrote:

I don't see this tab on the top of my screen. How to I get it there?