Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Character[_3_] Character[_3_] is offline

Default typing so that words are in the shape of a circle

sarahwms wrote:

I'm a scrapbooker and want to journal in Word in the shape of a
circle. I'd like to know if this is possible? (I don't want my
words going in a circle, I know that can be done in Word Art...I
want my words to follow the outline of the circle and move to a new
line when the circle gets larger or smaller....

What you want is a circular text box. Unfortunately, Word doesn't have
such a feature. You can create a circular or oval shape, then "add
text", but the result is a rectangular block of text inside the shape.

You can also do it manually, by typing inside the shape and manually
adjusting line ends, spacing, etc.

Programs like Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator have an 'envelope'
function, where the text will flow within the confines of the envelope
you create, which can be a circle or any other shape. That's probably
the cleanest way to do it.

Keeping within the confines of Microsoft products, I believe that you
can do it with Visio, using one of its pre-defined shapes. Just about
all visio objects are text boxes.

You can create your object in another program, then copy/paste or
import or place it into your word document.

- Character