Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Paper orientation

Page layout settings will be inaccessible if the insertion point is inside a
text box. Switching to Normal view, where text boxes are invisible, will let
you access File | Page Setup again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bob D" wrote in message
The problem I have is that Page Layout is dimmed (inactive) so I can't do
it.
The file was one I created by saving an rtf file as a word file. I
finally
got it to work by going into normal view, which undimmed Page Layout, then
switched back to print view. This is a very unobvious solution. What
causes
Page Layout to be dimmed?
--
Bob Davis

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

If you want to use landscape orientation, select Page Setup from the File
menu and on the Margins tab, select the Landscape Orientation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"editor in chief" editor in wrote in
message ...
I cannot get the paper orientation to stay on landscape. I go to print,
then
properties, click on landsacape, then apply then OK and it still will
only
print portrait. Is there a hidden step I am missing or am I just really
computer illiterate. Please help