Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default IF field causing problem with TOC

Hi book_worm71,

You could use something along the lines of:
{if{processor}= "68hc12" "Heading to Include.¶
{includetext "68hc12_addressing_mode.doc"}"}The quick brown fox....

--
Cheers
macropod

"book_worm71" wrote in message ...
Hi macropod,

We're trying to single-source our documents, so I've been including the
chapters as separate documents, like so:

{if processor ="68hc12" {includetext "68hc12_addressing_mode.doc"}}

It's not feasible for us to place the heading/text itself directly inside
the includetext field because then that content would not be reusable in
other documents. Is it still possible to apply your technique in these
circumstances? I feel like maybe I'm still misunderstanding you - sorry!

Thanks for the help.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi book_worm71,

You'd code the IF test along the lines of:
IF{Toggle}= TRUE "Heading to Include.¶
Text to Include.¶
"}
and make sure the field is attached to a non-Heading Style paragraph - for example:
{IF{Toggle}= TRUE "Heading to Include.¶
Text to Include.¶
"}The quick brown fox....

--