Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Confused report writer[_2_] Confused report writer[_2_] is offline

Default Format table colums cells to show $XX,XXX format

Ok, you say I can't do it except for "fields". How do I do it with fields?
Can I use the paint brush to copy the fields when I add a row?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You're perhaps confusing Word with Excel. There is no way to do this in Word
except with fields (and the appropriate switches), and fields are not
replicated when you add a row.

"Confused report writer" Confused report
wrote in message ...
I am going crazy! I could have sworn I used to be able to do this but now
can't figure it out!

I want two columns in my Word table to be formatted so that all numbers
show
as whole dollars (with , for thousands). I want this format to hold in
these
columns, even if I add a row to the table.