Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Shift+F9 does not work in 2007

Yes, that's correct -- the information is in the object's LinkFormat
property, but there is no INCLUDEPICTURE field. Any code from previous
Word versions that depends on reading or modifying the INCLUDEPICTURE
field code (for example, replacing the path in the file name) will
fail.

The interesting part is that if you use File SaveAs to save the
document in Word 2003 format, it "magically" reconstitutes the
INCLUDEPICTURE field.

The part I really don't understand is why the dev team felt they had
to mess with this. "Who knows what evil lurks..."

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:01:55 +0000, Peter Jamieson
wrote:

Thanks Jay. You are right.

Funny, I was definitely encountering picture objects with no such info.
Probably experimental error on my part, but I'll try to go through the
tests again at some point when I'm not so bog-eyed.

However, I am still reasonably sure that the actual INCLUDEPICTURE
fields themselves are being removed and replaced by the other link
information I described, and I am reasonably sure that Word never
regenerates INCLUDEPICTURE fields from that newer-style link information.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 01/02/2010 19:56, Jay Freedman wrote:
Peter,

The information is available through VBA. I posted a macro at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...69e37ddeec4c2f
to display the link for a selected Shape or InlineShape.