No, you can't change orientation for part of a page, but you can insert a
text box, frame, or table and rotate text in it.

"sdlfkj" wrote in message
This may have been asked before....I want to make most of my
document in a typical horizontal format. But part of it needs to

be
in a vertical format. Is it possible to do this without using
Tables? Isn't there a simple command to change orientation?

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm

Only Microsoft could make something so complicated. I guess a Table

is
the most logical solution. Thanks for the tip though. I had to

ask.....

If you just need part of the text on a page rotated, you can use a text

box,
frame, or table cell; if you want an entire page in landscape format,

then
the referenced article tells how to change the page orientation and

also, if
needed, to keep the header/footer the same as on the portrait pages.

Top posting corrected.........
Suzanne, that brings up an interesting possibility........to setup part of

the page with Page Setup. I guess its for the whole page
or nothing. If there is a way of using Page Setup and the Orientation of

the page for part of it (I need it for the bottom 20%) let
me know. Thanks.