Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default restoring a file to a previously saved time

If the document has not been closed, you can use undo to remove edits made
in that session. If you have saved the document and closed it, then the only
possibilities of recovery are from your automatic backup - or from your
routine backup. If you have not bothered with either then you could scan a
printed copy. Otherwise you will have to retype it.

James wrote:
I am trying to restore a file to a previously saved time before major
changes were made, without any luck. I have tries looking under
versions and restoring my computer also. Any other ideas or should I
start again?