Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Default "Error! Hyperlink reference not valid" error in Word 2003after DOC-to-HTML-to-DOC conversion

Delete your TOC and re-insert it. The hyperlinks are pointing at a file
that no longer exists...

On 29/11/05 8:11 AM, in article , "John
Gibb" wrote:

Hi,

I am getting, when generating Table of Contents (ToC) and Table of Figures
(ToF):

"Error! Hyperlink reference not valid"

in Word 2003 after converting to HTML (I Saved As... in both 'filtered' and
regular HTML.) and then saving again as a DOC file.

BTW, In the Options dialog for both ToC and ToF, I made sure that the
appropriate style names were checked

any suggestions?

thanks,

-john

PS: my reason for doing the HTML saves, in the first place, was to solve a
problem wherein I could not succesfully get working ToC and ToF hyperlinks
to show up, for certain files, after converting to PDF using Acrobat
Professional 7.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410