Wendy T.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have a Page Layout View. I do have a Print
Layout View. Is that what you mean? I tried that both of your suggestions and
neither restored the page back to the original view. I know this sounds
someone nick-picky, but it's those little things... ya know?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

It sounds like you're used to working in Page Layout view, and are now in a
different view, such as Normal or Web Layout. From the menu, choose View -
Page Layout. Does that restore the gray area?

If that doesn't fix it, the gray area will also be effectively hidden if
you're zoomed to a relatively large value. If you set your zoom to 100%,
does that restore the gray area?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"Wendy T." wrote in message
Hi,
I hit something and the view of my page changed. I can no longer see gray
"margins" on either side of my page in Word 2003. I'm using XP. If anyone
has
any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Wendy